Wednesday, April 19, 2006

okay...just say it...I'm a slacker!

by teresa
Today my mom is working from home. My home. Not all day...just during her 3 conference calls. Her and dad cancelled their phone at home and now only have their cell phones. So she didn't want to use up all her minutes. She asked if she could come over (next door) and use my phone. That was no problem for me. She took her 10:00am call...and her 12:00noon call...in my living room. I was in the kitchen...on the computer...over Katy's for awhile and dilly dallying around upstairs. After she left I went into the living room to let the dog outside. This is what I found sitting on the table....




(dog hair, earring back, thread, leaf, plastic..etc.)











Holy Dirt Ball Batman.......what is this? She must have been walking around my living room...picking up all my debris during her hour long conference call. My question is...why didn't she throw it in the trash? Why leave it on the table? Did her call get so intense that she forgot the carpet crud laying there....OR did she leave it there to mock me? To show me how slack my cleaning regimine has become? How I have lost the battle of the muck? How dissappointed in me she is that her grandchildren have to walk around in this filth? I'll leave you guys to ponder these questions while I go "Swiffer"...in shame!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just forgot to walk it into the kitchen to put it into the trashcan. No ulterior motive at all.

Oh yeah, did you know that you have something blue on your carpet next to right side of the chest?

Gidget said...

WHAT?????? I'LL GO GET THE CARPET SPRAY!!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Your house is always clean ... even when we just pop in unannounced. I often wonder how you do that with three kids and a dog.

Gidget said...

Thank you Jackie...at least I know SOMEBODY appreciates me! :)