Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Get off my grass you young whipper snappers!

by teresa
Today has been super busy. I helped out at the book fair fron 8:50-2:00pm today. Once we got home...did homework...got Lauren from school...got her off to work...ate...went to karate from 4:45-6:30pm..then headed to church till 8:30. I am beat, but excited because Idol will be on soon. Bye bye Kellie! Tomorrow will be even busier. I have Moms in Touch from 8:30-9:30am...security desk at Ben's school from 10:00-12:00...then bookfair until 2:00pm. We have soccer practice at 5:30-6:30pm (by myself...Chris is still in atlanta)...then a babyshower at church from 6:30-8:30pm. Phew! I miss chatting with all you guys....but I'll be back to my leisurely schedule next week:) On the way to karate Nick and I had an interesting conversation. Here's how it went:

Nick: Mom? am I a pre-teen?

Mom: Well...I wouldn't say pre-teen. That's like a 12 yr old.

Nick: Isn't everyone before a teenager a pre-teen?

Mom: Well, technically yes. But there are different names for the ages.
Like baby...toddlar...adolescent...pre-teen...teenager.

Nick: Oh. Well what do they call your age group? Middle aged?

Mom: NO! I am a 30 something.

Nick: What is middle aged?

Mom: I don't know....maybe like 50.

Nick: Oh...I thought that was called old age.

Then Ben chimes in and says.....I can picture dad as a old age man. He'll be old and bald...with a cane. Yelling at all the kids in the neighborhood...saying GET OFF MY GRASS!

Nick: Yeah Ben...you know how dad is about the lawn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really cute conversation, but it really makes me feel elderly.

Gee, thanks kids!

Anonymous said...

Watch it with that "old stuff" boys. 50 is NOT OLD!!!!!