Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bed Time . . . Sort Of

By Chris

Nick's asleep in his bed. And, Teresa has made Ben and I come upstairs and stay in the bed with her and relax. The TV's been off for a while. Ben's reading a chapter book siliently (he's on fire reading these 70 - 80 page books by himself all of sudden). And I've got the laptop out, bloggin and surfin. When I brought it up, I was met with a warning: "You're not bringing work in my bed are you!" (I was in my office for several hours today, so I guess bringing work to bed was crossing a line). Oh yeah. Shorty the dog is laying on my feet too. Thousands of square feet in this place, and four of the five living creatures here right now are all on the same bed.

Ben just took a deep breath and put his book down. 45 mins. is about enough for him, I guess. Me too. And we start talking. "Shhhh" Teresa says. I'm trying to finish this puzzle, and it's hard!" "Have you ever done a soduku (I think that's what she said) puzzle?" Ben and I made the exact same face . . . one that says "Uh no. Who in their right mind would do those boring puzzles you do in those books and in the newspaper everyday!" "They're hard!" She continued. O.k. we say. She was trying to get us to look at it, you could tell, but she could tell we wanted no part of it. Ben has picked his book back up. It's a happenin' Sat. night at the Greens!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kudoku are my favorite math puzzels.

Soduku can be very hard... so I developed a spreadsheet to work them out, it lost all the fun after that.