Friday, April 28, 2006

Smile, what's the use of crying? You'll find that life is still worthwhile....If you just smile

by teresa
Well folks...we had a great experience at the dentist this morning. Like I said yesterday...I was forced to find a new dentist (in a hurry). Luckily, the one practice I chose (which is next door to our pediatrician) had three cancellations for this morning. I say luckily...because I was informed at first that I couldn't get an appointment until SEPTEMBER!! Wow....is it like this where you are? We were all a little nervous at first (me nervous not knowing how the boys would do), but once we walked in I felt like the kids worries were eased. Eventhough the first thing out of Nick's mouth when we opened the door was....man! I hate that smell (the dentist office smell:) The place is big...and bright...and the staff are BEYOND friendly. Even a little silly (silly is good). Ben sat down and looked on the table beside him...lo and behold...a Junie B. Jones book (y'all know my Ben is way into Junie B.) It was one that he has read and loves (The Toothless Wonder). After that discovery...he was fine. Lauren was...is and will always be fine with wherever she goes. The kid is so laid back...so I didn't have to worry about how she would feel with a new dentist. She's just like...whatever? Nick walked in and some little kid (maybe 3yr old) latched onto him. which all you know is fine with Nick. He wanted Nick to play with him...read him a book...show him the fish tank and so forth. Nick was more than happy to oblige. Ben was called back first...then Lauren. It was just me and Nick left in the waiting room. He was pacing a hole in the carpet. Smiling...but pacing (can't you picture that worried look?) One of the receptionist noticed him and suggested that she would change the channel to something he would like. So she grabs the remote and puts it on discovery channel. It was some surgery show. After a minute she and I (at the same time) realized what surgery it was....a breast inlargement! I'm pretty sure Nick didn't realize...but the lady changed the channel to the disney channel in a hurry. Once he was called back I was able to get some reading done. They called me back after the cleanings so I could be in there when the dentist reads the xrays and evaluates. Each kid was in a separate room. Each room had a tv in it. One of the hygienists said the kids could put it on whatever they wanted to watch. Can you guess what Nick's tv was on.....that's right...The Food Network (Rachael Ray is his girlfriend:) Lauren had no cavities....Ben one little (in a baby tooth)...and Nick had one and also they have to pull a baby tooth that just isn't falling out (two permanent teeth are trying to come in on top of it). So...we will go back in May (22nd). I was very happy with the whole thing. but the real test will be when the boys get their cavities filled! Here's a couple of pictures of Ben after he got his teeth cleaned and was wating for the dentist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy all turned out well. Ben ... those toofies look good.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to find a dentist that your family feels comfortable with on such short notice. I often feel bad for dentists because no one ever wants to see them!

Buffy said...

"a great experience at the dentist"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Anonymous said...

Who is the dentist? Do they see only children?

I'm so glad the kids did okay. I'm sure they will do fine with the fillings, too.