Monday, April 10, 2006

MARTA Ugghh

By Chris

Made it to Atlanta just fine. Even got an upgrade to first class, and arrived early. Weir, huh?

But, I got my due with the MARTA train ride. After convincing two others that MARTA was the best way to get around and dragging them onto Atlanta's version of public transportation . . . the train proceded to break. We had to get off, wait for another train, change trains again, without much guidance. "I will never do this again," my unwitting partners said. "How would we know what to do, they're not giving any instructions. We'd be lost without you." Oh well. Trying to save the earth through the encouragement of the use of public transportation is tough with this system. I did my part, I guess. It took us nearly as long to get from airport to our in-town destination as it did in the air from Virginia to Atlanta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they have taxis in Atlanta? I think I would try one next time, if I were you.

Gidget said...

Taxi: $50

MARTA: $1.75

Gidget said...

Glad you got to atlanta safely. Miss you......teresa

Anonymous said...

For the price difference I'd definately take my chances with MARTA. Of course something like this is going to happen when you have people with you and it's your idea ... if you'd been traveling alone everything would have been perfect. THat's just the way life works. Glad you're safe.