Tuesday, April 18, 2006

O Captain...My Captain

by teresa
Nick just came in the door from the bus. He said...guess who your looking at? I asked...who? He said...the new SRI Safety Patrol CAPTAIN! Yeah for Nicky! He proceded to explain his new duties which include passing out the sashes and badges to the other safety patrols...assigning them to their stations...making sure they stay in their stations and don't chat with friends...walking the car riders out to the curb after school....and making sure if someone is absent, he replaces them with a sub. Alot of responsibility...but not too much for him. He said...I had to shoo some kid off from chatting with one of my patrols....I also had to tell some kids to walk on the right side of the hallway and stop talking! Yikes! I hope the power isn't going to his head!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They haven't created a monster, have they? Watch out Ben ... Nick's got a badge now.

Anonymous said...

Does he get a blue badge? I think that's what they had when I was a kid.

Gidget said...

yes...his badge is blue

Anonymous said...

I was a Lieutenant when I was in the 5th grade - my badge was red.

Perri said...

How could he have NOT been made captain after that awesome letter?

Way to go Nick!