Tuesday, April 11, 2006

spring break...day two

by teresa
Yesterday we filled our day with karate (double classes)...haircuts (the boys were shaggy)...and hopscotch (sidewalk chalk is cool)...and a movie (rented). Last night Ben spent the night with Katy's kids...and Lauren spent the night at her friend Christina's. So it was just Nick and I all night long. We stayed up late watching movies and slept in till 9:00am. Katy came over about an hour later with the gang. So I loaded them up and headed for the dollar tree. I needed some gardening gloves and I knew DT had them. The kids each got to pick out a toy and a candy. They were thrilled (I love DT). Then we went to pick out some flowers for my front flower beds. I dug out the weeds from one of the beds. There were so many roots...it took hours for just the one bed. So I planted and put the rest of the flowers away until tomorrow. The boys and I showered (we were beyond filthy) and dressed and headed to the mall (cinema cafe) for a movie. Tuesdays are dollar days...and Ben had a gift card from the read-a-thon. So we saw 8 Below. It was pretty good. Ben loved it...of course (dog movie). Nick kept getting up and going to the arcade in the lobby. After the movie we walked around the mall...then rode over to Lowes for some mulch. Then got dinner and came home. Lauren was waiting with her friend Christina (who is spending the night). They both wanted to go over Hunter's house...so off they went. Katy was just leaving mom's by the time we got home. Kristian begged to spend the night at our house (since Kai was the last to have a turn)...so I gave in. Eventhough it was dark Nick and I dug out weeds from another flower bed...to give us a head start in the morning. He watered everything for me and put away all the gardening stuff. Ben and Kristian are curled up on the couch watching some disney channel movie...and Nick is listening to his DCTalk cd. I think I will go wash up (dirt under the nails)...get in my jammies...and call it a night! Day two of spring break under my belt...and all's well!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandkids are so precious. . . I am SO BLESSED!!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto!