Monday, April 24, 2006

countdown to vacation...54 days

by teresa
I am soo looking forward to our beach vacation. Were going on a few over the summer...but the best will be in June...right after school lets out. Because we have invited everyone (my family/his family) to join us. We have rented a house in the Outer Banks (Whalehead Beach...Corolla, NC). It is kinda funny that we live 10 minutes from Virginia Beach....yet we will travel 2 hours (and pay big time) to go to the beach. It's just more fun away from home I guess. It will also be nice to be right ON the ocean front. No packing up the kids and all their gear....hoofing it to the shore...unpacking...getting settled...only to have one of the kids have to go to the bathroom. With the house ON the beach, we can just pop in...and pop out...when ever we need to. We will take Kristian and Kai also...so Ben will be THRILLED and OCCUPIED!! And then I can get in some reading and relaxing!! We took Kristian(not Kai...he was very clingy to Katy at the time) with us to Lake Gaston last summer...and Kai has never let us live that down. So I will enjoy seeing him have a good time too. Katy will probably also come up to visit (with Kaden) when her time of of work allows it. So we will definitley have a full house! It will be JUST LIKE HOME! :) Here is where we will be staying....I can hear the ocean already...awwwwwww

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited about relaxing on the beach and in the hot tub. It's going to be so much fun. Thanks for inviting us.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I haven't been to the outer banks in a long while, and then it was just day trips (I used to live near there). I want to take our family on a trip somewhere, but with just moving, it'll be a while. You guys will have a great time! That house looks great!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Good job, Teresa! We're very excited too. Thanks for inviting us. I can't wait to spend some time with everyone. I'm looking forward to spending time with Karen and Jimmy. Funny how you live four blocks from each other, go to the same ball games, to the same church, yet feel like you don't spend quality time with family friends, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That's true, Jackie. I'm looking forward to spending time together.