Thursday, April 06, 2006

My son ...the arteest

by teresa
Ben ran in the house and emptied his bookbag at my feet. Today is Thursday...and that's when his teacher sends home all his work from the week before. He is always very anxious to show me his creative sentences and drawings. Today, some of his work stood out enough to be recognized on the blog.
Here is his first work...it is a poem about his brother. The top of the page has a tree (I think) drawn on it. then the bottom of the page contains this story. I will use his spelling.

One time my brothr was haging on the tree.
It brock.
And it died.
Becus of my brothr.

His next work has a flag...stars...and flowers drawn on one side and a poem about why I'm proud to be an American on the other side. Here's how it goes...

I'm proud to be an American because.....
Of Aebraham Lenchen.
If Aebraham Lenchen didn't free all the black pepole
then all the ones in my class would not be here rihgt now
Then thre wlde only be 13 pepole in my class.

His last work is a drawing called "foot person"














I think it looks like a penis with a bowtie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the stories, especially the one about Aebraham Lenchen.

He may be as good a writer as his Mom.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I like that the foot person doesn't much to speak of anatomy-wise (except maybe an excessive amount of fingers), but he does have a heart.